Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Oh Moosey! Moosey! Moosey!





So today we went hunting for moose in Algonquin Park. There were "Moose Crossing" signs every few miles - but with the temperature hovering around 32 degrees C, all we saw/felt were blackflies, mosquitoes and a hundred gazillion daisies in the ditch. We did, however see some of the most incredible scenery and you can see by the photo.



We visited an amazing store called Algonquin Outfitters where I bought myself a moose in a canoe, so the day wasn't entirely mooseless.


This is the very best campground I've found so far - really neat and lovely owners (who are planning to relocate to Saskatoon soon). There is a pools and with the temperature hovering (oh, yeah, I've already said that) - I'm off for a swim in a few minutes. Then later tonight we're off to the Cookhouse bar for Open Mic night - should be a hoot.


1 comment:

  1. Hi! I think I just might have this figured out. Did I ever tell you that EINSTEIN is NOT my middle name?

    ReplyDelete