Search This Blog

Saturday, June 13, 2009

Has anyone seen Colonel Klink?


All along the highway, there have been adopt a highway signs. Well I'm here to tell you that some adoptive parents are a lot better than others. Also, if you adopt a highway, do you get to choose it's amenities? Some stretches have nice crisp lines and wide shoulders while others really need some sprucing up.


Am at Ney's Provincial Park today and just toured a WWII prisoner of war camp. Boy, if anyone tried the Great Escape here, they'd better be prepared for a looooong walk.


This part of the trip was the one I was dreading most, since it is pretty long and not very populated but instead I feel like I'm moving from one Group of Seven painting to another. No wonder they were so inspired by this area. It is sensationally unspoiled and lovely.
Tomorrow I am going to the Edmund Fitzgerald lookout.
Getting close to civilization again.

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear your adventure going well. I had good run in Warman yesterday and crappy run in Eston this morning. Just got home, I tired 4:30 am is REAL EARLY!! TTYS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hate to tell you this one Mom but on the LQ in the horse trailer the black water valve is "BLACK" and the grey water valve is "GREY" hope that helps!! LOL

    ReplyDelete