Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Are Moose More Dangerous at Night?






Saw my first "Moose Crossing" sign today and under the moose was a smaller sign that said "Night Danger". Does that mean that if you hit a moose during the day it doesn't hurt as much?




Tonight, I'm at Kakabeka Falls Provincial Park. (just a little west of Thunder Bay) It is a really beautiful place and I think I will stay for a couple of days to give the cats a change to mellow out a bit. You know those guys who travelled across Canada from Tim Hortons to Tim Hortons (at least in the commercial they did). Well I'm here to tell you that old Timmy is few and far between in this neck if the woods. (It's very piney here). Also, if you are travelling from Kenora to Thunder Bay anytime and you see a gas station - stop and top up - it's miles and miles between fill ups.




Long drive today, but I am now in yet another time zone and I caught a glimpse of Lake Superior just before I stopped for the night.


2 comments:

  1. Morning Mom, love your pics. Hope your getting warmer weather soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What you up to today? Spring finally arriving today - lilacs in my yard might finally bloom today!!

    ReplyDelete