Search This Blog

Saturday, June 27, 2009

Just a Day at the Beach!







Well, I found out what you are supposed to pray for at the Canadian Martyrs Shrine at Midland. A sign right in the middle of the courtyard in front of the Church asks ”What would you do for a Klondike Bar?” Who knew?







Went to Wasaga Beach and dipped our toes in a very cold Georgian Bay but enjoyed some time on the big sandy beach. The place is an absolute zoo – I can't imagine what it would like in July. We also drove over to Collingwood to shop and are now back at Wasaga Pines Campground for the night.




I guarantee you have never tasted a steak as beautiful as the ones we barbequed tonight, served with baby purple potatoes and fresh, fresh asparagus. I'd show you a picture of them, but we ate them to the last crumb.



The countryside in this area is very pastoral with lovely red brick farmhouses decorated with very Victorian gingerbread, broad wrap around porches and surrounded by split rail fences. This is also the area where there seems to be a garden centre on almost every corner, so all the yards are bright with fresh summer flowers.



I have never seen so many Muskoka chairs in my life. Every trading post, general store, garden centre, drug store and grocery has them. They are painted all the colours of the crayon box and I would love to pick one up – however, I would have to move half my stuff out of the motorhome if I did.



Tomorrow, we are back at Ann's and I will hate to say goodbye to her. I'm anxious to get on my way but we have had so much fun this last week!!!!! The good thing is, I'll see her on the flip side so at least it's not goodbye for long.



The new voice on my GPS, which is finally set the way I want it, is a very proper, slow speaking American woman we have christened Miss Hathaway, after the bank secretary in the Beverly Hillbillies.