Search This Blog

Friday, June 12, 2009

Oh, Canada!!!



Met some people from Wyoming at "Happy Land" yesterday and so we went and watched the RCMP Musical Ride perform just outside Thunder Bay. The Americans were blown away and I realized how lucky we are.


Heard a helicopter coming in over the camp site last night, but oh no - it was a northern Ontario mosquito. They are the size of small sparrows (Well, maybe I exagerate a bit).


Today I travelled the Terry Fox Highway of Courage and stopped at the Memorial. Another proud Canadian moment. Much of my trip today was along side Lake Superior. It was incredibly beautiful. I had no idea there were so many minnow and bait shops.



The Canadian Tire store in Nipigon is the size of a small Mac's store but very well equipped. When I get home, I'"m going to write a book about preparing for a motorhome trip. Can anyone tell me which is the black water valve and which one is the grey water one?


Off to the Sault tomorrow and am planning to find a big sandy beach and camp out there for a while. There are some really nice looking provincial parks in the area.

1 comment:

  1. reading your blog is so much fun! i look forward to them (what does that say about how exciting MY life is?!) keep it up!

    ReplyDelete