Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Not a Mosquito in Sight






I can't believe I got all the way through Manitoba and saw narry a mosquito. Just goes to show you how cold it was there!

This morning I was looking for a place to grab some breakfast and saw a place called Barney's Bait and Breakfast. I gave it a miss.

Tonight, I'm in the Lake of the Woods area, east of Kenora. New province but still the same time zone as yesterday.
I am amazed how quickly you go from prairie around Winnipeg to the Canadian Shield. Incredible rock outcroppings on each side of the road, covered in red and green moss and lichens. Speaking of green, I kept seeing these shale slides beside the road that were the same green as aged copper. "Lots of copper in those rocks" I said to myself (I've taken to talking to myself, by the way). Then it dawned on me that the green stuff was some type of weed killer sprayed along the way.

Did you ever notice all the plastic and cardboard packaging that come with your energy efficient light bulbs?

If you ever run out of things to read, visit your local tourist information location. Moooooore than you ever wanted to know - and more again.

Goodbye little Stetson.








No comments:

Post a Comment