Search This Blog

Monday, August 1, 2011

On a Wing and a Prayer - to the Camping Angels

Cabin at Waterfalls Lodge, Ont.

Once again, I am thanking the camping angels for the spot I'm in right now. On a Friday of a long weekend - what was I thinking? Trust! Just like that parking spot that appears magically right in front of the store, the right camping space will show up. And it did. Last night I stayed at Parry Sound and then this morning figured I'd have better luck going north. And here I am – just where I wanted to be – at Waterfalls Lodge. Just a few miles east of Elliot Lake, it is a lovely little cottage community right on the beach. This is where I meet up with the great ladies who tell me “Good for YOUUUUU!” Last year they made me breakfast the morning I left – very sweet and kind ladies. They aren't here right now so I hope to see them before leaving tomorrow.

Nosey is still looking everywhere for Ann. I believe he thinks she's in the fridge. He just sits and stares at it.

Lake Joseph
I seem to be having one spectacularly amazing scenery day after the other – yesterday and today were the same. I drove up through Muskoka on the east side this time instead of going on the main highway and found some charming cottage areas that just remind you of squeeky screen doors, winnipeg couches, soft ice cream and flip flops. Bala Bay was quaint and the east end of Lake Joseph – like a walk through a Thom Thompson painting.

Blooming Water Lilies
Isn't the area around Sudbury much under rated.? It is majestic, rugged and very graphic. There is just so much scope for creativity here and I can imagine a painter or photographer spending years trying to capture its essence. The colours(from black to white, to red and every tone between) produced by the various metals add such dimension and depth to the designs. And then amid all this angle and rough texture you see a glassy pond where the water lilies are in blossom and each one looks like a tiny tea tray with one perfect creamy porcelain china tea cup right in the middle. Such contrast!

So if the camping angels are listening – I still need a spot for tomorrow – PLEEEEEEESE!

To be continued.......



No comments:

Post a Comment