Search This Blog

Thursday, July 28, 2011

My New Travelling Companion

Today (to quote Johnny Reid), I said goodbye to my old friend.  Sad to say, Ann has hopped off at the end of her driveway and we have waved our last teary farewells (for now).  It is always the worst day of vacation and one we both dread.  However, I just noticed that I have a new travelling companion coming along for the ride.  His name is No one
  • So  No one will get up and make coffee in the morning, 
  • No one will run into Tim's for Ice Caps and crullers, 
  • No one will put all that time and energy into cleaning a tombstone with an electric toothbrush, 
  • No one will be the backing up assistant, 
  • No one will say "Turn left" when it should be right. 
  • No one will pass me a piece of gum while I'm driving, 
  • No one will ride in the back of a pickup to a Ghost town in the hills.
  • No one will make eggs to go with my favourite chow chow.
  • No one get all my dumb jokes
  • No one will finish my sentences
  • No one will do the dishes
  • No one will catch the food falling out of the fridge
  • No one will read all the signs along the highway
  • No one will tell me all their secrets'
  • No one will ask for my opinion
  • No one will give me theirs
  • No one will give treats to my cats
  • No one will hook up the water and sewer hoses
  • No one will open the bathroom door and shout, Don't look, I don't have my teeth in, all the while standing there naked as a jay bird.
  • No one will be my best friend in the world.


You see, Ann is replaceable by -  No one!

Walk softly, my friend and always carry a pocket full of meubles!

To be continued..........

No comments:

Post a Comment