Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

So Sault Me!

Soo Locks
That's right I have spent the last couple of days at Sault Ste. Marie.  This is such a pretty city and I managed to tag along with some neighbours in the campground to visit the locks.  Pretty awesome sight.  They call them the Soo Locks so as not to confuse the folks in Michigan.  We watched a Great Lakes Tanker to through and it was so amazing to see that big ship just manhandled around by the rising and lowering water.  

Crow on a beach
Crow at the Cemetery
One of the constants on this trip has been the  presence of crows.  Everywhere we've been the crows have come out in droves to meet us.  My friend Judy is a highly creative person and an incredible photographer.  She loves photographing crows - in fact I've seen her jump out of an almost moving vehicle to get a shot.  So these pictures are for you, Judy.  We've seen crows in campgrounds, on beaches, at lighthouses, beside lakes, in a ghost town and most creepy - they seemed to follow us through many of the graveyards we visited over the summer.

Crows on Fences
Tomorrow, I start the long haul up over the top of Lake Superior.  A beautiful, but long drive.  Gas was as high as $1.47 when I came through in June so I'm planning to fill way up before leaving here in the morning.    Once again, I'm reminding myself that I don't have to do it all in one day so we'll see how far I get.

I've been watching this guy set up his satellite dish for the past hour, carefully moving it, adjusting the dish and playing with the tripod.  I think his wife just came out and told him to just stand there holding it while she watches General Hospital.  There's something just not right about people who bring their big screens camping with them.  He's still standing there.

To be continued.....

1 comment:

  1. I'm jealous! Wish the local crows were more photo friendly!!

    ReplyDelete