Search This Blog

Monday, August 8, 2011

Everything's - Oh Fine!

Digit
OK, so here's how the day started.  I got all packed up and hit the road at a relatively early time.  About 10km down the road, I hear a loud howl from Digit, who is safely stowed in my bed - and I know what it means.  She has just dispensed a big, soggy hairball right in the middle of where I'm supposed to sleep tonight.  I find a place to pull over, clean it up and decide not to change the bed because who knows if there's another one in there just waiting for some clean sheets to defile.

Just get on the road again and I run into construction.  Not one, but four zones with flag people and a wait of about 20 minutes each.  Not batting a thousand here, so far.

Davy Lake
I'm finally cruising along on some fairly decent highway when the wind comes up.  I've mentioned before that this motor home is anything but aerodynamic.  It tugged and pulled me every which way and finally with a heavy rain starting, I decided to cry "Uncle!".  So here I am in Davy Lake (bet you can't find it one the map!) and as my Camping Angels would have it - they have a full service campground with wifi that works!!!  Thanks again, angels - job well done!  Only problem was hooking up in the pouring rain - Ann where are you when I need you?


Old Dotten Cemetery, Wallace Bay Nova Scotia
I had an interesting email yesterday from Richard Webber about one of my cemetery ramblings.  He is related to me 6 ways from Sunday and he was asking why it was so important to see the graves.  I thought about it for a bit and then decided that it is because it links a tangible object to what had been just a name or set of dates.  What did these people look like?  How did they speak?  Did the ones from Northern Ireland sound like Bono?



To be continued........

No comments:

Post a Comment