Search This Blog

Friday, August 7, 2009

This - That and The Other.



Got my plumbing fixed to I can now shower onboard and do the dishes in the sink - small things but most important when you're on the road.


Just some thoughts as I enjoy my last few days in Nova Scotia.

Martha moment:


Dani and I spotted this creation in a beautiful garden in Truro and couldn't resist taking a picture. Cute, eh?






Sidney!!!!!!!:



How much insurance was required to take Sydney Crosby and the Stanley Cup for a ride in a Canadian forces Sea King helicopter over Halifax harbour this morning?






Got the blues:

Is there anything more beautiful than Cumberland County Nova Scotia blueberry fields?


8 Generations:



Goulish as it may sound (Carolyn) – Dani and I took Alex to the Old Oxford Anglican Cemetery the other day and above or below ground there were 8 generations of Bragg's present and accounted for. To the left of Dani, is the grave of Charles Bragg/Matilda Swallow and to the right is the graves of John Bragg/Jane Rogers.


Red Sky at Night:

Every evening, I go down to the shore to enjoy the sunset and so far it's true, “Red Sky at Night – Sailors delight; Red Sky in the morning, Sailor take warning”.

Loyalty?

Most of my family came here from England and Ireland but I have just found a whole branch who were United Empire Loyalists who came here in 1778 after the American Revolution from Duchess County, New York. - Very interesting!!!
to be continued.......

No comments:

Post a Comment