Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Let Sleeping Giants Like


This is the Sleeping Giant in Lake Superior near Thunder Bay. The girls arrived this afternoon and we are camped at Happyland. After a swim and hot tub, we barbequed some burgers, another swim and then a rousing game of scrabble from which I got thoroughly skunked by both of them. It's a beautiful evening and I am sitting at the picnic table while they get their stuff sorted out.
This morning I stopped at the Terry Fox memorial again as I did on the way out but this time I have travelled almost his entire route and I cannot imagine how he did it. Just goes to show you that you REALLY can do anything you put your mind to.
Today, I almost stopped at a cemetery - out of habit. I must stop doing that or people will think I'm going a little batty.
Tomorrow we are driving to Falcon Lake which will take us out of Ontario and into Manitoba - a new time zone and one final province to go. I had planned to go to Newfoundland but the ferry from Sidney had a fire the day I planned to go and there were terrible lineups waiting for the remaining ship. Next trip.
Thunder Bay, which is half the size of Saskatoon is very pretty but I was surprised to find it has 3 Zellers stores - and a Walmart. They must enjoy their shopping here.
to be continued.......

No comments:

Post a Comment