Search This Blog

Monday, August 24, 2009

Get Out and Walk!



So I'm driving along today and casually reading the roadside safety signs. “SEAT BELTS SAVE LIVES”, SPEED KILLS, SLOW DOWN”, “TAKE A BREAK, DROWSINESS CAUSES ACCIDENTS”, “BACK OFF, TAILGATING KILLS”. I was just waiting for the sign that said ”DRIVING KILLS, GET OUT AND WALK!”



I left Ann this morning and I can still see her and Clark waving goodbye in the driveway. I miss my co-pilot and I really needed someone to guide me into a very small space in the campground, here at Elliot Lake tonight. Not only that, but the Kitties are not happy that their “Catnip Lady” wasn't here to spoil them.



Once again Northern Ontario does not disappoint when it comes to great roads and awesome scenery. As I'm writing, I am watching the sun set over the lake – a really spectacular one. No mosquitoes here – got to love that.



Tomorrow I'm off to Marathon and then an easy drive on Tuesday into Thunder Bay. I'm feeling a little sad today. Not only did I lose my traveling buddy, but I am seeing and hearing signs of fall and the end of my trip everywhere. While I still have things to look forward – seeing Carolyn and Megan in Thunder Bay and visiting with Russell in Winnipeg – the list is growing shorter. I have had so many wonderful adventures over the three months and I'm not sure I'm ready to settle into “normal” life just yet.



Well, tomorrow is another day and probably will contain some fresh wonders and a few surprises too. Ït ain't over 'til it's over” (Yogi Berra).



to be continued......

No comments:

Post a Comment