Search This Blog

Monday, August 3, 2009

My plumbing fell out!



Before I left home, Bill told me to listen to the GPS – regardless. And for the most part, listening to Miss Hathaway has been the wise choice. However, yesterday we were in a great big argument about a short cut I wanted to take to get to the highway. I'm getting a little concerned because the road goes from paved with lines, to old blacktop, to gravel. Not only that but it's getting narrower and narrower and I am relieved when I came out into a clearing that looked much like a new construction site. Plenty of room to turn around and start listening to the old bag. As I start back, I notice wet spots on the road (and a peculiar odor in the air) and sure enough, right ahead it a familiar looking configuration of PVC pipe and connectors. My whole water tank control system was sitting in the road – fortunately all in one piece. So, listening to myself, I managed to dump my tanks way out in the middle of nowhere and was able to recover my plumbing, intact. Listening to Miss Hathaway, I would either been barreling down the highway and would have lost the whole shebang – or it could have fallen off in someone's yard or in the campground – either way – an embarrassing situation. The joys of camping!

Dani called to see if we could try the Wooden Dog – coffee and dessert place. - which, as it happens – was closed on a day when all the tourists are in town. So we found another place just up the block and decided to have lunch. I ordered a turkey panini and was offered 6 kinds of salad, grapes or potato chips as a side. I opted for the grapes. Pretty soon the young lady who looked a little like Joanie Cunningham came back to announce that there were no more grapes. OK so we go through the salads and opt for the Greek variety. Back comes Joanie to inform us that there were no olives. We said that was OK so she brought the salads which were bowls of chopped veggies with italian dressing – and not even a hint of feta. The veggies were nice and fresh.

We took a little tour of Truro and drove through the heritage section. Homes that meet some criterion, get a plaque to put by their front door. We saw some of the most magnificent examples of Victorian whimsy and attention to detail. The house pictured above is for sale for $429,000 and has 8 bedrooms, magnificent foyer with fireplace, a music room, a games room big enough for a full sized pool table, 5 bathrooms and a double lot. - It has a plaque.

To be continued.....

No comments:

Post a Comment