Search This Blog

Thursday, July 2, 2009

Where are the Fashion Police when you need them?


I saw this and couldn't resist. I'd like to say a few words about the way men of a certain age dress in campgrounds. The fall roughly into two categories and you can usually associate them with their motorhomes.
The guys in the big rigs (greyhound bus size) are a natty bunch who sport plaid bermuda shorts, golf shirts and white shoes of some sort. They always top off the outfit with a jaunty hat (often bearing their gold club crest or some such form of identification). Often, their wives are in similar outfits.
The other guys (mostly hauling 5th wheels) wear t-shirts (if they wear shirts at all) bearing such witty sayings as "A 24 a day keeps the camping OK" or "Do bears go.......(you know the rest). They usually wear torn cut-offs and either black socks with sandels or runners. It's when they don't wear their clever t-shirts that really provide a picture. 'nuff said'
Being in Ottawa I thought it a shame not to visit some of the sight while I'm here, so I stayed over today and went to see the new Canadian War Museum. My grandson, Mark would love the place. On my way back I'm going to spend some time there going through the archives to see what I can dig up about my Dad's time overseas during the war.
Tomorrow, I am going to brave up and wiggle my toe in the Quebec highway pool.
We're having a dilly of a thunder storm right now, but Nellie is cosy and dry so all I have to worry about are the two cats clinging to my legs, begging to be picked up.

No comments:

Post a Comment