Search This Blog

Thursday, July 16, 2009

A Dime for your Thoughts!


What an amazing sight! The tall ships festival has begun in Halifax and about every half hour a new one enters the harbour. A bunch of us went down to see the beginning of this spectacle and I can hardly wait to go back and see it when they are all there. We are going back tomorrow night to see the fireworks and see the rest of the ships. If you want to see the ships yourself, here is the link: http://www.tallshipsnovascotia.com/ships.aspx

And you just have to love a province that has a special holiday to celebrate the good works of a favorite son, Alexander Keith. Another moose/deer image to add to my collection.

I've been warmed and amazed at the hospitality of the people here. I honestly feel like a celebrity. They even did a little piece about me in the local paper, although I can't believe there aren't lots of people who come here every year to look for their family roots. I've met so many people who are distantly related on my grandmother's side and I haven't even started on the Braggs yet.

The jazz festival is also going on in Halifax now and my cousin Charlotte from Edmonton is here volunteering. Hopefully, we can get together for a visit. And then, at the end of the month, my niece Dani will be here for a visit with Jay's family - Can't wait to see them, as well. I guess you have to go all the way across the country to catch up with family you never see at home.


No comments:

Post a Comment