Search This Blog

Thursday, July 9, 2009

A Moose named Prudence!



The moose on the "Moose Crossing" signs in Quebec (as with everything else in the province) is bigger and much more menacing than in Ontario. And I still haven't seen the real thing. The all seem to be named Prudence (until I remembered that I was just being warned to take care - in French)

So here I am barreling along the Trans Canada, bound and determined to make it into New Brunswick before the end of the day, when I came around this corner and was treated to the mose incredibly spectacular view of a lake in dark boiling fog with spears of sunlight piercing through into the water. Having spent the day meandering along the south shore of the St. Lawrence, this seemed like a fitting place to stop. So, here I am just 40 clicks from the New Brunswick border at Lac Ste. Something.

I haven't talked much about the weather and that's because, on the whole, it has been pretty cold and rainy. With the exception of the week in Muskoka, I have used and blessed my little furnace every day. With new reports of a drought in the west, I wish I could package up some of this moisture and mail it back.

Tomorrow, I hope to get my first view of the Atlantic ocean and plan to spend a few days exploring New Brunswick before heading down into Cumberland County in Nova Scotia.

No comments:

Post a Comment