Search This Blog

Saturday, July 18, 2009

A Whale of a Tail - or is it the other way around?



This morning I went whale watching - which was one of the things I really wanted to do while I was here. As you can see by the photo, it has been a rainy, foggy cool day and I had my doubts as to whether it would be fruitful. But the tour operator guarantees a whale sighting - so there you go. I trucked on over to Westport and boarded the Chad and Sisters Two at the appointed time. Finding it was fun - the fog being pretty thick. We donned our life jackets and headed out into the Bay. Round and round in circles we went and then - right in front of us - there it was. Glad I got the picture. We must have drunk a gallon of coffee and I was drenched to the skin but since it was definitely a sight I'd never see in Saskatchewan - well, well worth any discomfort endured. I spent most of the time visiting with some folks from Phoenix who shared the same sentiments.

One of the towns I have spent time in since I've been here is Great Village - home of my Chisholm and McLellan relatives. Honestly, if I were choosing a location for the great Canadian movie, this would be the place I would choose. It is just the right mix of quaint victorian homes painted in all colours of the rainbow, the right spired churches, the intriquing antique shops and galleries and super, super friendly people! I loved it!

Here's a list of the really important things to take with you on an RV vacation:

  1. A level - so you don't end up sleeping up hill.
  2. Velcro - I have velcro stuck to everything so it doesn't slide around while I'm on the move.
  3. Rubber drawer liners - for the same reason as above.
  4. My GPS - Miss Hathaway has become quite a good conversationalist and has kept me from getting too lost, too often.
  5. My computer - not only does it keep me in touch, it's a great research tool and also doubles as a DVD player so I can watch the odd movie - I really recommend "Men of Honoir" with Robert DeNiro and Cuba Gooding Jr.
  6. Move than one towell - I remedied this today on my way back.
  7. RVing for Dummies - invaluable!

Tomorrow, I'm hoping to have a visit with my cousin Charlotte and then I'm back on the graveyard trail.

2 comments:

  1. Hey You!!!!!
    Here I am - back in the land of being able to send email. I had five differennt conversations with the Rogers' techs. They all said nothing was wrong with my connection and if I couldn't send email it was because there was something wrong with my system at my end. I called Geek Squad and made an appointment for them to fix me up. They couldn't come until tomorrow. I ended up cancelling the appointment as it was going to cost $249.00. Anyway, Sheri, Ian and the girls were here yesterday and Ian looked at the computer. Lo and behold one only has to "read the screen" to find out what is wrong. I was working Off Line. There is a very WISE Lady who taught me over and over again "READ YOUR SCREEN" How could I have been so silly as to not remember that sage advice. Okay Marilyn, I will ALWAYS ALWAYS remember your brilliant suggestions. If it's any consolation, we are having crappy weather here as well. Its been chilly and off and on thunder storms. (Chloe is most unhappy).
    Wonders upon Wonders, Clark actually took me golfing on thursday!!!!!! We played a little executive course - I tied him on one hole and beat him on two others. I think I'm now ready to join the LPGA. Glad I can now keep in touch with you . . . .will talk to you soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI love ur pic!! Just got home from BODO got huge bruised knee and no $$$ Back 2 work 2morrow, take care!!

    ReplyDelete