Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

'Tis a Grave Undertaking!


So, this morning I spent a grave morning at the Economy Pioneer Cemetery, taking photos of old family gravestones. I then had lunch with a very distant relative who was rounded up for me by the ladies from the museum I talked about yesterday.

I spent the afternoon getting groceries and wandering around the little fishing harbour. I could spend a fortune of “nautical”souvenirs but I showed great restraint.

I have set up shop here at Truro for the next two weeks because it is within a stone's throw of every place I want to spend time and do some research. I'm in a lovely piney campground with all the amenities – I could even have cable if I wanted. The internet connection is really good so I can be working on my computer while I'm doing me gravedigging. I'm also 45 km from the Bragg homestead so it's just a quick commute.

I still can't get used to coming around a corner and finding a beach or a lighthouse or something equally foreign to Saskatoon, but today this little fishing wharf was the best yet.

1 comment: