Search This Blog

Monday, June 10, 2013

Take a Gander at This!

So we're off!  After a great morning of successful repairs - thanks to Clark - we now have a working air conditioner on the vehicle which really didn't help today because it rained - really hard - all day.  But I'm sure some of those hot Nova Scotia days will find us giving it our blessing.

Antique Store Sign
You have to love people's creativity.  This sign was on the lawn in front of an antique store in Peterborough.  Tickled my fancy.

Without thinking I said to Ann as we drove along: "I don't know where I'd be without the GPS"  Talk about stating the obvious!

Gas, this morning for all my friends in Saskatoon was $1.15 a litre!  Such a treat!

I had very exciting news this morning from my cousins, John from Collingwood and Ryan from Vancouver.  Both of them have just returned from a visit to Somerset England and brought back some great genealogical research and photos.  My 4th great grandparents, parents of the original John Bragg who came to Nova Scotia in the 1830, are buried in an ancient cemetery in a town called Chaffcombe.  They were Emanuel Bragg and Mary
John and Judy Bragg in Somerset
Woodland and we had always assumed they belonged to us.  Now we have written proof from the church registry over there.  I know it sounds a little geeky, but it is a major breakthrough in my research.  Emanuel and Mary's grave marker no longer exists and our cousin John has taken it on as a project to see that it is replaced.

No comments:

Post a Comment