Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Good - Better - Best

What a treat!  Saskatchewan with it's enormous skies and vast landscapes slowly blends into Manitoba's lush green forests and beautiful highways.  Just after Winnipeg,one starts to notice large rocks in the ditches.  A few miles along there are banks of smooth rock, the size of a truck or so.  Pretty soon you enter the great Canadian Shield and the rocks become larger, taller and more spectacular!  It's like some giant arranged and rearranged the rocks along the way to inventing the Rubics Cube.  Great, dramatic formation of multicolour granite and shale climb high above the car and the biggest regret is that there are very few places to stop to enjoy the splendor up close.

So it's two days, three provinces and three time zones from home.  Last night I stayed at the Meadowlark RV Park in Brandon - beautiful spot.  The owner's little son wanted me to chase after the garbage man in my motor home to tell him he missed a bin.  Really cute little guy.
Longbow Lake

Tonight I'm at The Willows RV Park about halfway between Kenora and Dryden.  Again, it's full service and the people are really nice - however the cell phone service is pretty on and off.   Good wifi, though.  This place is at Longbow Lake and the scenery is superb!  That being said, I had a swarm of black flies fighting with a swarm of mosquitoes over who was having me for dinner.  Thank goodness for Deep Woods Off!

Last question!  Can you use Gatorade instead of milk in Kraft Dinner?  I forgot to stop at the store and if I were to go back and get some, I'd have to unhook everything

No comments:

Post a Comment