Search This Blog

Friday, June 14, 2013

Miss Hathaway Jr.

Quebec City
Beautiful, beautiful Quebec!  It's been a glorious day for travelling with perfect temperatures, fantastic roads and relatively light traffic for a Friday afternoon.  Yesterday we had a wonderful stay at the KOA campground at Ste. Phillippe and today we're at St Nicholas which is just across the river from Quebec City.  We've seen plenty of those pretty grey stone churches with their tall white spires and we know we are in La Belle Province for sure.

We've got an extra passenger riding with us today - a teeny little housefly who has managed to survive despite numerous attacks by Ann with her flower-shaped fly swatter.  Even the cat has lost interest in him.  He may be here for the duration.

My handy iPhone
After 40,000 km, my GPS (Miss Hathaway Sr - because she's so bossy) finally gave up the ghost yesterday just as we were about to enter Montreal.  A bit panicky, I decided to try out the Google Maps app on my iPhone to see how it worked.  Surprisingly well, I have to report - AND it offers traffic updates as well.  And while I'm on the subject, I have fallen in love with my iPhone.  I even have an app that turns it into a pretty reasonable flashlight, a mirror, a grocery list, our setup and tear-down checklist, finds us great campgrounds, gas stations, restaurants and grocery stores, lets us check the weather, keep in contact with folks at home and afar and much of it just by voice command.  Don't you just love technology!

Digit and the Drips
Digit has been such a joy to travel with this trip.  Her latest source of entertainment is trying to catch water drops from the kitchen sink.  So cute!

Had Slippery Chicken and coleslaw for supper.  Slippery Chicken has a story.  Back in the days when Ann and I worked together in Edmonton, we went shopping one evening and she picked up a roast chicken from the heating machine.  As she turned around to show it to me, it went flying out of her hands and slid halfway down the aisle of the store.  I think I just stepped over it and pretended I had no idea who this crazy woman was.  Ever since, it has been known as Slippery Chicken.

Night for now.  To be continued...........................


No comments:

Post a Comment