Search This Blog

Sunday, June 27, 2010

WE'RE HOME, EH?

Back in Canada and straight to Tim's for an ice cap. Hit the spot! Tonight we're at Hardings Point, an island just outside of St John NB. We got here by ferry. Since leaving home, I've gone over so many high bridges and crazy places – I now spit with distain at ferries. Hear me roar!!!




We crossed the border at Calais, Maine (pronounced callous) into St. Stephen and then followed the Fundy Shore drive to get here. Again, as last year, I marvel at the beauty of New Brunswick and am glad to be back among people who worry about their moose.



I'm coming to you tonight via Ann's wireless turbo stick. We are really off the beaten path and this allows us to use the internet from anywhere. First chance I've had to play with it – I like it.



This morning we sadly left Maine. Breakfast consisted of a Lobster Roll and coffee. What a treat.

If they haven't already done so, I think Maine should have the motto “Land of Superlatives”on their license plates. Most beautiful scenery, greatest beaches, awesome hiking trails, best shopping, ultimate dining and really nice people. Loved it.



Heading on into Nova Scotia tomorrow and can't wait to see what that will bring. We laughed so hard today, I'm sore – and it was mostly about the very unlady-like language I was using on Miss Hathaway (GPS). She had particular problems with New Brunswick and half the time it looks like I'm driving through the forest. Recalculating and MAKE A U TURN were the phrases of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment