Search This Blog

Sunday, June 13, 2010

OH, THE HUMILIATION!

I've never been one to just toodle along the highway.  My pace is just under "That will be a $270.00 fine, ma'am" level.  So you can imagine my chagrin when I was passed today by a little red and black Smart Car that looked very much like a Lady Bug.  What next?

This afternoon I finally got a glimpse of the sun so I donned my shades, cranked up the Beach Boys on the stereo and began my summer vacation.  The only thing missing was an ice cold bubbly - which I am enjoying right now!

I crossed back into Canada today and again I needed to pluck up my courage to cross the international bridge.  It is twice as long and twice as high and as an added bonus, you get to pay for the priviledge.  I think the government should issue a medal of bravery for  those who fear heights but go anyway.  At this rate the Confederation Bridge to PEI will be a snap. 


Yesterday I saw an election sign in a field.  Guess who's running for Sheriff?  Don Scherf.  So if he wins, he'd be Sheriff Scherf.  Kind of like Constable Constable on the Beachcombers.

Tonight I'm overnighting at a beautiful little resort called Waterfalls Lodge, just east of Blind River.  It is amazingly beautiful, with a little lake, lots of trees and, yes - a pretty little waterfall.

After all the rain, the air this morning was heavy with the honey perfume of acre upon acre of clover.  Who needs breakfast?

Tomorrow afternoon, I will be in Sharon to pick up Ann. 

To be continued.....

No comments:

Post a Comment