Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Now I've Seen Everything!

Live Bait Vending Machine
I stopped about midday today to grab some coffee and was amused to find this vending machine right next to the coffee station in the 7-11 and across the aisle from the hot dog machine.  You've got to know you're in fishin' country for sure.

Another fabulous day of driving.  It was overcast and rained for a bit but since I had the highway to myself again it really didn't matter.  I've decided that since they have finished the TransCanada (I haven't seen a construction zone yet), and since I'm almost the only one who is using it, we should rename it Marilyn's Awesome Avenue of Adventures.  - a little borrowing from Anne of Green Gables.

Speaking of adventures, it has always been my goal to do something everyday that I've never done before.  See a new place, try something new, eat something different....  Today, my thing was paying $1.40 a litre of gas (can you hear me crying?).  However good things do happen to good people and when I went to check into my campsite tonight, I had enough KOA bonus points for a free full service site.  (can you hear me giggling?)

I'm still in the Canadian Shield and amazed at the force of nature that pushed those gigantic boulders around and at the tenacity of the trees that grow strong and healthy in only the dirt in the cracks of those boulders.  How Canadian!  This is called the Land of a Thousand Lakes and each one would be worth a day with a canvas and a good water colour set.  - oh and a gallon of bug spray.


My campground is across the highway from the Terry Fox Memorial and the stretch of the road is called the The Terry Fox Courage Highway.  Just a reminder of the capacity within each of us.

Time to call it a night.

To be continued......

No comments:

Post a Comment