Search This Blog

Friday, June 10, 2011

Butterflies, Bumble Bees and Lily Ponds

Yesterday, on the trip from Sault Ste Marie to Parry Sound, I felt like I was driving through a Beatrix Potter story.  As I rounded the top of Georgian Bay and began heading south I was delighted to see thousands of small lily ponds in full bloom.  Lucky frogs!

I nearly ran over a turtle or tortoise the side of a dinner plate who was ambling along the side of the road - almost in the traffic lane.  I don't think I'd like the sound of that!

As for the Butterflies and Bumble Bees - well there's nothing like some good windshield washer juice to take care of that little problem.

Today, I arrived at Ann's and now I feel my vacation will truly begin.  We spent the day loading her stuff and organizing everything.  The woman has a "container" for everything and I'm still amazed at how much we have on board without tripping over things.  We're heading east tomorrow, but right now I need to go in and watch the Canucks trounce the Bruins.

To be continued.........

No comments:

Post a Comment