Search This Blog

Friday, July 30, 2010

IT AIN'T OVER 'TIL IT'S OVER!

Well, I guess that guy who's out there looking after me, was on the job again today.  Not only did I get a camping site on a long weekend but I got the one I wanted.  After passing hundreds of "Campground Full" signs, my confidence was a bit shaky, but not to worry.

I'm at Waterfalls Lodge, about an hour west of Sudbury - on the shore of Georgian Bay.  I found the place quite by accident on my way east and really liked it.  Today, I was welcomed with open arms - like the returning hero and then I remembered this was the place where all the ladies were so amazed that I was taking this trip on my own.  They are the ones that started the "Good for You oo!" They all have been here since I was through in June and wanted to hear all about what we did and where we went.  I realized how lucky I was to actually take the trip and not just envy someone else taking it.

This place is actually a resort on the lake shore.  It has only 16 RV sites and most of the people here are adults, so it's very quiet.  There is a 9 hole golf course but they specialize in hunting, fishing and lots of water sports.  You can take out a canoe, kayak, aqua-cycle or small motor boat. They have a nice sandy beach (my plan for tomorrow) and a lodge where there is a full dining room so that I can have a meal there if I don't feel like cooking.  I'm staying for a couple of days, so tomorrow I'm booked on an ATV tour through the woods to the waterfall.  Best of all there is free and good quality wifi.

In my struggle with bridges I have done pretty well, so today when I saw a sign for the French River Suspension Bridge, I thought I'd take a look.  It was pretty high (not Capilano high) but off I went and it was pretty spectacular.  The bridge is anchored into a Northern Ontario rock face and the water below bounced and bubbled over the rocky river below.  I'm glad I did it - or I would have missed another great experience.

We have been laughing about the motorhome being like a turtle, and last year, after dropping Ann off at home, I retreated back into my shell for the first few days, because nothing seemed to be as much fun with no one to share it.  This time, I've made up my mind to  STOP THAT!  Hence the bridge and the ATV ride.  True, it wasn't as much fun but I am still on vacation and as Yogi Berra said so eloquently It ain't over 'til it's over! 

To be continued........

1 comment: